Uv Ink Conversion Requirements
- 1 set of Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink
- Am.co.za Hybrid Cleaning solution
- Adequate protective clothing
- Safety glasses
- Protective gloves
Uv Ink Conversion Procedure
STEP 1: Check Print Heads
Before starting the conversion procedure, it is important to check the status of the print heads, this is done by:
- Print a 5 sqm area of solid CMYK at high speed, print nozzle status.
- Have the status signed, with the date, by the end-user.
- No printer/print head damage dispute, regarding the ink conversion can be supported or defended without a signed nozzle status.
STEP 2: Print “before” samples
Print a few customer selected reference images to compare before and after conversion.
STEP 3: Cleaning System
- Remove the original ink from the main tanks.
- Ensure that the tanks are thoroughly cleaned.
- Fill the main tanks with original flushing solution.
- Select the Purge function and make sure that original flush passes through the Ink Delivery System and the print heads until the jetting is clear.
- Replace all Ink filters.
- Fill the main tanks with Am.co.za Hybrid Cleaning solution.
- Select the Purge function and make sure that Am.co.za Hybrid Cleaning solution passes through the Ink Delivery System and the print heads to ensure all original flush is removed.
- Remove the Am.co.za Hybrid Cleaning solution from the main tanks.
- Fill the main tanks with the Am.co.za Hybrid UV ink set.
- Select the Purge function and make sure that Am.co.za Hybrid UV INK passes through the Ink Delivery System and the print heads to ensure all Am.co.za Hybrid Cleaning solution is removed.
Print 5 meters of images at slow speed. This is to settle the nozzles and the ink delivery system to the Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink set.
- Complete the software alignment of the printheads. The software settings will allow you to adjust the Print head to Print head and Bi-directional values.
- Next step is to set the Step-size or Feed-adjust value.
- Print the nozzle status and ensure it is the same as before conversion. The end-user is to sign and date stamp this nozzle pattern.
- Profile the machine.
- Repeat the customer selected reference plots.
The machine is ready to begin printing with the Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink.
Hybrid UV INK CONVERSION TIPS:
Following the Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink conversion procedure will keep issues to a minimum. However, if you do encounter a problem during the conversion process, please check the following;
- Problem: Nozzles are not stable or the ink has not cured correctly
- Residual flush from the conversion procedure mixed with UV ink will give you this effect. It is extremely important to ensure that no Am.co.za Hybrid Cleaning Solution remains in the Ink Delivery System.
- Repeat the purging function of the printer until all the residual flush has been removed.
- Print 2 – 3 meters of a CMYK solid block, at slow speed, to allow ink to move through the Ink Delivery System.
- Problem: Colours are not correct
- It may be necessary to profile to ensure that you optimise the Am.co.za Hybrid UV INK colour set.
This document is intended as a guide to ensure the successful conversion to Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink. Following the simple guide, will ensure that the end-user fully experiences the benefits of using the Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink set. Failure to proceed with correct method as outlined in this document may cause damage to your printer. Am.co.za cannot be held liable due to lack of care during the conversion process.
More On the Topic From Machinery.support
For further enquiries please contact the Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink Technical team at +27766666655 or Chat to us by sending “hi” on Whatsapp: 060 600 6000
DISCLAIMER: This information is based on the present knowledge known to Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink and shall not constitute a guarantee for any specific product features nor shall it establish a legally valid contractual relationship. Under no circumstances should Am.co.za Hybrid UV Ink be responsible for any damage to print heads, including arising from improper capping fluids used by the dealer or end user, either directly or indirectly. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, damages arising from improper and inaccurate flushing and maintenance procedures. Statements regarding validity of standards and compliance certifications are valid for a year from publish date and could be subject to change should formulation changes be required. E&OE