- Air born chemical contaminants can lead to print head blockages. As an example, cleaning glass with acid would lead to airborne mist of acid which settles on the machine and the print heads.
- Ensure the correct substrate preparation fluid is used. It is recommended to use IPA with a purity of 97%.
- Ensure the use of the correct cleaning solutions on the print heads and around the carriage. AM.CO.ZA provides a matched cleaning solution, Hybrid Cleaning Solution, for our Hybrid UV Inks.
Note: Do not wipe the nozzle area of the print heads with flush.
- Be careful with the use of cleaning solutions for cleaning of dust or other marks from the machine as this may be incompatible with the ink.
- A dusty environment will lead to dust settling on printer parts, on substrate surfaces as well as potentially on print head face plates.
- Dust on substrate could interfere with adhesion or could lead to white spotting and other defects.
- Dust on print heads will aggravate the accumulation of ink on the print head faceplate leading to printing defects and more regular cleaning requirements.
- Ensure dust and dirt cannot enter the print room through ventilation, or doors and windows that are open.
- It is not recommended to print onto mirrors or reflective substrates. Reflection on the surface of these substrates could reflect UV light onto the print head face plates and lead to ink curing in the nozzles.
- UV curing lamp heat can cause some media to curl or bubble which will lead to media crashing against the print heads resulting in scratches and other damage.
- Some substrates are more prone to static electricity charge which leads to print defects and could lead to nozzle issues. This is aggravated in low humidity conditions as described above. Ensuring a higher humidity environment helps reduce this effect. Another method is the use of anti-static bars to neutralise this effect
This document is intended as a guide to ensure the successful conversion to AM.CO.ZA Hybrid UV Ink. Following the simple guide, will ensure that the end-user fully experiences the benefits of using the AM.CO.ZA Hybrid UV Ink set. Failure to proceed with correct method as outlined in this document may cause damage to your printer. AM.CO.ZA cannot be held liable due to lack of care during the conversion process.
For further enquiries please contact the AM.CO.ZA Hybrid UV Ink Technical team at +27766666655 or Chat to us by sending “hi” on Whatsapp: 060 600 6000
DISCLAIMER: This information is based on the present knowledge known to AM.CO.ZA Hybrid UV Ink and shall not constitute a guarantee for any specific product features nor shall it establish a legally valid contractual relationship. Under no circumstances should AM.CO.ZA Hybrid UV Ink be responsible for any damage to print heads, including arising from improper capping fluids used by the dealer or end user, either directly or indirectly. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, damages arising from improper and inaccurate flushing and maintenance procedures. Statements regarding validity of standards and compliance certifications are valid for a year from publish date and could be subject to change should formulation changes be required. E&OE